What makes a Senior Portrait Great!
When choosing a Senior Portrait Photographer, you probably do one of two things(or both) ask friends and search the internet. After about the 500thousandth photo, your eyes are glazed and your fingers numb. How are you supposed to know what is just okay and what is great? This is why I have put together this lovely graphic with some quick tips on what to look for!
- Beautiful skin – good retouching to remove blemishes without making your Senior’s skin look plastic
- Eyes that sparkle – This is a result of two things: light being correctly positioned to create “catchlights” and illuminating the eyes. The other reason is they are having fun!
- Professional hair and makeup – I consider this a must for my seniors. It makes all the difference in the world.
- Poses that flatter you – We cannot all be model thin and able to pose beautifully at will. The photographer should know how to pose you, “clear down to your eyelashes”, so you look your best! No one likes to feel awkward in front of the camera!
- Variety – Multiple poses with each outfit/background are a must. You need a variety of verticals and horizontals: smiling and serious: casual and formal: beautifully posed and carefree dancing
- Gorgeous Lighting – This is last, but most important. Look for photos that demonstrate the photographer’s ability to handle any situation and create different looks with light. Do they have the skill? Do they have the equipment?
- If in doubt look for the Laura Trovillion Photography Logo! You will know its Awesome!