Dashing into Urbana between snowstorms, I had the pleasure of photographing another beautiful Model with Non-traditional color to cover her grey! Edith Peacock, owner of H2O Salon has taken covering up the grey to a whole new level of fun. Anyone interested should contact her at 217-337-1480. Its a great new way to add a little color to your life!
“Girl on Fire” – That was the theme of the photo session yesterday for the amazing H2O Salon in Downtown Urbana! Their unique approach to covering grey hair is why they are to be featured in a local magazine. As you can see, this isn’t your grandma’s hair coloring. Bold and colorful; wild and amazing; this hair color is like a beautiful canvas that you keep with you. Special thanks to stylist and colorist extrordinaire, Maggie, seen in the last photo with Erin, sporting her own cranberry colored hair!
And because I had a little down time…We included Kendal’s new headshots for the Salon’s webpage!
When choosing a Senior Portrait Photographer, you probably do one of two things(or both) ask friends and search the internet. After about the 500thousandth photo, your eyes are glazed and your fingers numb. How are you supposed to know what is just okay and what is great? This is why I have put together this lovely graphic with some quick tips on what to look for!
- Beautiful skin – good retouching to remove blemishes without making your Senior’s skin look plastic
- Eyes that sparkle – This is a result of two things: light being correctly positioned to create “catchlights” and illuminating the eyes. The other reason is they are having fun!
- Professional hair and makeup – I consider this a must for my seniors. It makes all the difference in the world.
- Poses that flatter you – We cannot all be model thin and able to pose beautifully at will. The photographer should know how to pose you, “clear down to your eyelashes”, so you look your best! No one likes to feel awkward in front of the camera!
- Variety – Multiple poses with each outfit/background are a must. You need a variety of verticals and horizontals: smiling and serious: casual and formal: beautifully posed and carefree dancing
- Gorgeous Lighting – This is last, but most important. Look for photos that demonstrate the photographer’s ability to handle any situation and create different looks with light. Do they have the skill? Do they have the equipment?
- If in doubt look for the Laura Trovillion Photography Logo! You will know its Awesome!
After I go to the salon to get my gray hair hidden and trimmed up out of my eyes, my husband always compliments me on how nice my hair looks.So, I could run to the salon daily for a blowout..NOT….or learn to do it myself. So the next time, I made sure I pestered my awesome stylist to show me how to do this…..what brush he used; what product he used; how he held the brush; Everything. And now after daily practice, I come close, not perfect, but close enough that I feel pretty good about how my hair looks. And I realized that this was a huge thing for me to not just look good leaving the salon, but to be able to do this for myself. Headslap….….. We should be offering the same service with our complimentary makeup before a Senior Portrait Session….. And so now I a proud to announce..(trumpets and drum roll please….) Face sheets and complimentary makeup included with your Senior Portrait Session!!!!! Now you will have a “map” of where the stylist put each color on your face, AND you get to take home the eye palette, lip color and brush that she used for your session. Now how much fun is that?
Take care and stay warm!!!!
This years hair trends are softer, more casual and natural, even when they are updos. Here are two examples of beautiful soft messy updos from H2O salon located in downtown Urbana IL. Notice the incorporation of braiding as well as curls in the first series of photographs, and off-center swirls in the second series. A special thanks to these girls for allowing us to photograph their homecoming looks!