This years hair trends are softer, more casual and natural, even when they are updos. Here are two examples of beautiful soft messy updos from H2O salon located in downtown Urbana IL. Notice the incorporation of braiding as well as curls in the first series of photographs, and off-center swirls in the second series. A special thanks to these girls for allowing us to photograph their homecoming looks!
Laura Trovillion Photography joins Professional Photographers from the United States, Canada, Spain, Germany, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand to provide
breast cancer patients and survivors free portrait sessions. I Picture Hope is an international association of professional photographers, makeup artists, and stylists founded
in September 2011 by a professional photographer Camille Neighbors of Camille Denae – Portraits Celebrating Beauty in Post Falls, Idaho.
Camilleʼs mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010. “Having someone you love go through something like cancer forces you to see things you might have missed
before,” Camille explained. “I saw such beauty in my mom as she endured treatments, declared a war against cancer, had her grandchildren help shave her hair to make it less scary for them,
and we walked around with our matching shaved heads. At every moment, my mom was beautiful to me. Iʼm blessed that her ﬁght with breast cancer was victorious, and I feel compelled to do something to help other women see beauty in
themselves when breast cancer has threatened to take it from them. There is no obligation to purchase anything. “Itʼs just our way of saying “You are beautiful. Youʼre still a woman, no matter what cancer has taken from you.”
For more information please contact Laura Trovillion Photography at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-897-1166
This is JaNelle. When I announced that I was photographing Glam the Gown Portraits, she contacted me within seconds….”I have only one photo of me in my wedding dress, and everything else is blurry, scenery, or from the knees down. Can you make me beautiful?” Before leaving after her session, she told me that I had made her feel like a queen, and that every bride should feel that way. I think she is beautiful and I am happy that I made her feel beautiful too!
Proving that Glam the Gown Portraits aren’t just for brides. Caitlin wore this gorgeous dress to prom and wanted some amazing photos of herself in it. I think she totally rocked it! Can you say “not your average prom pix?” Check back later for some of the location photos! Hair and makeup by the amazing Tia Crum.
Serena, beautiful woman with amazing eyes. She has no idea how beautiful she really is. I hope I have shown her through my camera the true light that shines within her. Thank you for trusting me.
I am getting inquiries as to whether I shoot boudoir photographs. Yes, to me, boudoir is simply contemporary glamour portraits with less clothes, or at least very different clothes. Every photoshoot is about making women look and feel AMAZING. My hair and makeup stylists are the very best. I will direct you down to your eyebrows to insure that your posing shows off every asset and minimizes any negatives. And then I will sell you amazing photos so that you can always remember that you are an incredible woman! This is a sneak peek from a recent boudoir shoot. She came to me and said that she had always wanted to do something like this and with her 25th wedding anniversary coming up, she has a great reason! Anniversaries, gifts for a groom or boyfriend or just because you can are all great reasons to have a contemporary glamour or boudoir photoshoot! And when you decide, call me at 217-897-1166 and we will make it incredible!
We know a little bit about transforming women at Laura Trovillion Photography. This is what we do. The glamour photographs on my site aren’t models, they are real women. These are the same women that you see picking up their kids from school, stopping by the grocery, or in this particular case, enjoying spring break. Normally this process occurs over a couple of hours with 3 to 5 clothing changes, some tweaks to your hair and makeup and changing up the background and props. On April 20, 2013 we have raised the stakes – We are transforming one woman every thirty minutes for ten hours. Is 15 minutes total enough for hair and makeup? Can she be posed and photographed in 15? Will she look amazing? The answers are yes, yes and YES. Two weeks ago, we did a trial run and these are the results!
After 15 minutes in hair and makeup:
And here are 9 of 10 fantastic images photographed in 15 minutes:
And another before:
And after 15 minute of hair and makeup:
And 9 of the 10 amazing photos we achieved in 15 minutes of photography:
Call us TODAY at 217-897-1166 to reserve your 30 minute time slot and get transformed…Your $100 donation will make a difference in the lives of women at The Center for Women in Transition.
As. you. are.
Stronger than you know.
More beautiful than you think.
Worthier than you believe.
More loved than you can ever imagine.
Passionate about making a difference.
Fiery when protecting those you love.
Learning. Growing. Not alone.
Warm. Giving. Generous.
Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart.
Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave.
And so, so, so.much.more.
Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.
~ Copyright: Tia Sparkles Singh, 2011
to read more go to this website!
My very first official glamour photo session in my new studio. This gorgeous mom and her daughter were so much fun. I am so so happy to be photographing again, and in such an awesome space with such wonderful people. Hair and makeup by the talented and beautiful Stefani Smith!
The countdown to Valentine’s day continues…
Laura Trovillion Photography has the answer…. Ladies, tell your significant others that you want one of our Glamour Valentine packages! Our packages include a gift certificate for an incredible day of pampering and beautiful images proving that you are the most beautiful woman in the world, flowers by House of Flowers and yummy caramel laced brownies from LA Gourmet Catering. Everything is beautifully packaged and ready for him to give. Not in a relationship? Get your girlfriends together and give yourselves a “Girls Day”. Share the flowers, share the brownies and share the awesome experience of having your hair and makeup done, look through our dress up rack and pose for some amazing contemporary glamour portraits by yourself and with your BFF! Time is running out, so call 217-897-1166 to purchase your Glamour Valentine from Laura Trovillion Photography!
Jackie is a beautiful woman, inside and out. She is also a ton of fun to work with! She was game for everything, and I like that we got a great variety of images from her session. Hair and makeup by Stefani Smith!
It’s hard to be beautiful — and even harder to feel beautiful.
The current media ideal for womenís overall appearance is achievable by less than 2% of the female population. But we are bombarded with this unrealistic ideal.
Young women today see more images of exceptionally beautiful women in one day than our mothers saw throughout their entire teenage years. It’s no wonder that 8 out of 10 women are dissatisfied with their appearance.
The standards of female beauty have become progressively more unrealistic and unattainable. We need full-time hairdressers, make-up artists, physical trainers, and dietitians just to attempt to keep up.
The truth is that most of us aren’t “beautiful” by the current media standards of beauty. And even models and actresses are outed as less than perfect when they are caught in their natural state by lurking tabloid photographers. Maintaining that standard of perfection must be exhausting and humiliating.
Even though we know this standard of beauty is unrealistic and unattainable, most of us spend far to much time, emotional energy, and money attempting to keep up. It doesn’t matter whether you are young with enviable skin and a tight butt or beginning to see gray hairs and wrinkles, you probably focus far more on your perceived flaws than you do on any aspect of your true beauty.
Although physical attractiveness can help you get a foot in the door, it has very little to do with sustaining relationships and even less with developing real self-confidence. We’ve all seen beautiful people who open their mouths and become instantly less attractive, or unattractive people who become more and more appealing because they exude something special.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to wave a magic wand and eliminate all of the insecurities and self-loathing that is wrapped up in the struggle for beauty? What if you could just walk away from it all and just live your life focused on what makes you joyful and confident?
With practice, this can be done! For those of us in the 99% who will never make it on the pages of a magazine, we can feel absolutely beautiful by shifting our actions and attitude.
Here are 36 ways to start feeling absolutely beautiful right now:
1. Smile. It lights up your face. It triggers happiness in your brain. It makes others feel happy.
2. Remember your posture. Stand up straight. Hold your head high. Throw those shoulders back. You look confident, energetic, amazing!
3. Focus on the best not the worst. Stop staring at the wrinkle or the bulge. Quit comparing yourself to Patty Perfect. Let your “worst” features recede and focus on your best instead. You have far more beautiful features than you see!
4. Be amazed at the wonder of your body. No matter your size, shape, or age, your body is a miraculous temple. Observe how wondrously it operates to house the beautiful person you are.
5. Appreciate your flaws. You are part of the Great Community of Flawed Persons. Welcome to the club. So embrace your flaws as a reminder of your connection to humanity. Flawed is the new perfect.
6. Be expressive. When you are animated and expressive, the fullness of your personality shines through. What could be more beautiful?
7. Get excited. Allow yourself to be enthusiastic and excited about life. Don’t let your concerns about appearance hold you back from embracing the beauty of living. It will reflect back on you!
8. Break a sweat. Get some exercise. Put on that lovely spandex and move your beautiful body. Get an endorphin high. Let your hair get sweaty and greasy. Through the sweat you are shining like star!
9. Practice beautiful movement. Try ballet, tai chi, yoga or some other movement that is fluid and allows your body to respond in beautiful new ways.
10. Acknowledge your inner beauty. Get pen and paper and write down all of the beauty that you do, that you give, that you create, and that you are. You are a powerhouse of beauty.
11. Show kindness. A kind person is exquisite in their beauty. It shines from them like a beacon of hope and peace.
12. Don’t try too hard. Don’t overdo it with make-up or clothes. Don’t spend thousands getting surgery. Don’t exercise yourself to death. When you try too hard, you look desperate. It’s hard to feel beautiful when you feel desperate.
13. Don’t act your age. Your age doesn’t define you or your capacity for beauty. In fact, age ripens you and provides a lushness to your bad, beautiful self! Live the age you feel.
14. Create something. Creativity is the handmaiden of beauty. Creativity is beauty expressing itself through you. Paint, write, garden, scult, cook, sew, decorate — be creative and you will feel beauty spilling out of every pore.
15. Inspire others. As the poet Rumi writes, “Let the beauty we love be what we do.” Do beautiful things. Live beauty. Be beauty. You will inspire others through your beauty.
16. Stop your thoughts. It’s hard to feel beautiful when your brain is whirring away like a ticker tape with negative thoughts about your appearance or age. When you are trapped in those thoughts, stop yourself and redirect your thinking.
17. See yourself through the eyes of a loved one. View yourself the way those dearest to you see you. Offer yourself the love they offer you. Feel the beauty they feel around you.
18. Connect with the beauty of nature. You are part of the natural world in all of its infinite glory and seasonal changes. As you experience nature, become aware of your connection to the beauty around you.
19. Listen to beautiful music. Certain music speaks to your soul. It touches and enlivens the most spiritual and beautiful parts of ourselves. Listen to Brandenburg Concertos #5 by Bach to feel your beauty come alive.
20. Make love. No explanation needed.
21. Wear clothes well. If you aren’t a natural at dressing to suit your body type, age, and coloring, find someone to help you find clothing highlight the beauty inside of you.
22. Hug often. Share loving physical touch with friends and family. It’s a beautiful thing!
23. Get enough sleep. You know what lack of sleep does to your appearance, not to mention your mental health. A good night’s sleep is a mini facelift!
24. Dance. Dance alone. Dance with a partner. Dance like no one is watching. Dancing makes you feel like a beautiful child, carefree and happy.
25. Update your make-up. Make sure your make-up doesn’t look dated, too heavy, or just wrong. Sometimes we get stuck in make-up ruts. An new look can highlight your most beautiful features.
26. Have a beautiful mind. Don’t corrupt your mind with ugly thoughts about yourself or others. Don’t dwell on unpleasant things. Don’t watch violence or negative programs or movies. Fill your thoughts with loveliness.
27. Stop smoking. It ages your skin, it smells bad, it’s bad for you, and it doesn’t reflect self-love. Dropping this bad habit will instantly make you feel more beautiful.
28. Be outgoing, even if it’s hard. Initiate conversations. Show interest in people. Make introductions. Smile. Bridging the gap between stranger and friend feels beautiful.
29. Do physical work. If you have a desk job, sometimes you miss the beauty of a task completed with the physical evidence of your accomplishment. Do something physical like washing the car, raking leaves, gardening, etc. to see the fruits of your labor. Moving, working, accomplishing — that feels beautiful!
30. Take care of your teeth. Since you are now smiling often, you want your teeth to look their pearly best. White, clean teeth make you look ten years younger. Plus, it’s hard to smile if you are embarrassed about your teeth.
31. Create beauty around you. Let your surroundings reflect the beauty inside of you. Remove clutter. Clean windows. Add flowers. Let your home be filled with your beauty.
32. Cook a beautiful meal. Well-prepared, healthy, and delicious food prepared by loving hands is beauty for the mouth and the soul.
33. Reduce stress. Anxiety, a furrowed brow, a tense frown, hunched shoulders are all the physical manifestations of stress. Find the cause of your stress and do something to relieve it. Shine the light of your beauty on the situation. It might dissolve.
34. Exude self-confidence. Show the world that you know you are beautiful where it counts. Your self-confidence rises in direct proportion to your self-acceptance. Love the unique and beautiful person you are and share that with the world.
35. Dress up. Life has gotten increasingly casual. Dress up on occasion. In fact, be the best dressed person in the room. Wear red! Turn a few heads.
36. Express gratitude. Be grateful for everything you are and everything you have. The handful of complaints you have about your appearance is nothing compared to the cornucopia of blessings that surround you. Bathe in the beauty of your blessings, and it will transform you from the inside out.